Ways to Contribute > Volunteer
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIFE OF A YOUNG PERSON!
Without caring mentors, positive youth development just doesn’t happen. At The First Tee of the East Bay, we take coaching seriously. We believe that a meaningful, quality relationship between coach and participant is vital to our program. But you don’t have to be a golf pro or even a good golfer. With The First Tee Coach Program, we provide the training you need. Developed with input from leading experts in the field of positive youth development, our program teaches valuable life skills, strengthens core values, and helps young people develop the tools they need to cope with life’s challenges.
Our programs are open to youth living in the East Bay with an emphasis on low-income and inner-city neighborhoods and schools. Over 75% of our participants receive scholarships and we provide weekly bus transportation for nearly 250 students from over 20 schools. Our chapter is 90% volunteer run and our program could not operate without their dedication to making a difference in the lives of underserved young people.
- Assist Lead Coaches in delivering The First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills through fun and engaging golf games.
- Serve as a role model by demonstrating positive behavior and The First Tee Nine Core Values.
- Commit to coaching at least one day/week for three hours.
- Golf and Life Skills training provided.
- No golf experience necessary!
Volunteer Coach Hours
Monday through Thursday
3:00 pm – 6:00 pm*
8:00 am – 10:30 am*
10:00 am – 1:00 pm*
12:30 pm – 3:30 pm*
*Includes set-up, class time, and wrap-up.
Lake Chabot Golf Course
Metropolitan Golf Links
Montclair Golf Course
Mission Hills Golf Course
Skywest Golf Course
All volunteers must complete the following to be a TFTEB Volunteer Coach:
- Phone or email introduction
- In-person interview
- Volunteer application
- Background check/live scan fingerprinting
- Risk Management/ Child Protection read and sign document
- In-person volunteer training/orientation
For more information about becoming a volunteer coach, Contact Chris Moreno-Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 352-2002.
Make An Impact Off The Course
We rely heavily on volunteers to accomplish our mission, and we need support off the course as well. Volunteer at our fundraising events or assist us with a variety of tasks in our office. By contributing your time and talent, you can directly impact a young person’s life. Contact Christine Clark at (510) 352-2002 or email@example.com for more information on volunteering off the course.